Lactation Rooms – There are currently 53 lactation spaces across the WUSM campus. Each of the locations provides a private space where nursing mothers are welcome to pump. Rooms are equipped with appropriate signage, a comfortable chair, a small table and an electrical outlet. Some rooms have refrigerators, sinks, pumps and microwaves. Lactation Room Map (pdf)
660 South Euclid Avenue
Mail Stop Code: 8051-0021-02
St. Louis, MO 63110
- Office of Diversity Programs Student/Faculty Directory for 2022-2023 (pdf)
- Anti Bias
The Implicit Association Test (IAT) was developed at Harvard, and measures attitudes and beliefs that people may be unwilling or unable to report. The IAT may be especially interesting if it shows that you have an implicit attitude that you did not know about. For example, you may believe that women and men should be equally associated with science, but your automatic associations could show that you (like many others) associate men with science more than you associate women with science. Take the test now.
Videos regarding unconscious bias:
- Additional Reading
- Black Women
- 12-month Interfaith Calendar for 2022-23 (pdf)
- The Danforth Interfaith Chapel is located on the first floor of the Cancer Research Building and is available for all faith group denominations. Troy Woytek from the Catholic Student Center has office hours on Mondays from 11:30am – 2:00pm and on Wednesdays from 11:30am – 12:00pm and 12:30 – 2:00pm. A.J. Bennett from the Association of Christian Truth Seekers has office hours on Mondays from 5:30-7:00pm and on Wednesdays from 2:00-4:30pm. For more information on religious life at Washington University, please visit the Religious Life page.
The Research Development Office (RDO) announces new resources for building diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) through research activities and proposals. The new website provides guidelines to adopt practices and develop plans to address long-standing and emerging challenges in DEI. The website introduces:
- Need for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plans
- Research Elements to Strengthen DEI
- Useful resources at Washington University and beyond
For guidance on developing DEI plans in your research application, please contact Kurt Thoroughman, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Washington University Medical Center Housestaff Auxiliary (WUMCHA), a department of Barnes-Jewish Hospital, has acted as a support group to address the unique needs of spouses, partners, residents, fellows and attending physicians affiliated with the Medical Center since 1982. These people, the majority of whom have relocated to St. Louis, have special life stresses that WUMCHA strives to address.
Picture a Scientist is a feature-length documentary film chronicling the groundswell of researchers fighting gender discrimination and writing a new chapter for women scientists. Learn more about Picture a Scientist here and watch it via PBS or Netflix.
- Advances and Insights: The NIH Women in Science Newsletter, Volume 8, Issue 3
- Flip the Script: Women in the Workplace
- Hear Me Roar: Women Leaders in Science – Past, Present, and Future
- How Men Can Become Better Allies to Women
- “Running on Empty? How women physicians choose different to enjoy medicine and life more”
- Request a Scientist — 500 Women Scientists – Pledges to build an inclusive scientific community dedicated to training a more diverse group of future leaders in science.
- Sexual Harassment of Women: Climate, Culture, and Consequences in Academic Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- Women in Science Newsletter
- Women in Science Website
- Women of Color Research Network
- Women’s Health in Focus at NIH