In our continuing effort to uphold our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Racial Justice; we are offering DOM wide virtual training for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion courses – 1.0, 2.0, 3.0. and 4.0. These foundational courses are 1 hour each and are required for all members of the Department of Medicine.
If you completed the BRIM (Bias Reduction in Medicine): Breaking the Bias Habit workshop in 2021, you will not have to complete Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 1.0, 2.0, 3.0. and 4.0 courses. To document your participation in BRIM, please click here.
Please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) training calendar to register for upcoming sessions.
If you have any questions about the dates, times, and courses please contact Jennifer Mosher (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To determine which course(s) you have completed, follow the steps below:
- Log into Learn@Work with your WUSTL email and password.
- On the homepage, click on the 3 line icon in the top, left hand corner.
- Click on Me.
- To the right of the sidebar you will see the Learning & Certifications box. Click on completed and a list of your completed learning and certifications will be listed below.
Diversity and inclusion leaders provide a series of four, one-hour training sessions on the fundamentals of diversity education. Each session is designed to build on and provide a greater awareness of, understanding of, commitment to, and action on diversity and inclusion. Each 1-hour course is designed to be taken separately and sequentially.
- Diversity and Inclusion 1.0 Awareness–examining cultural diversity
- Diversity and Inclusion 2.0 Understanding—examining unconscious bias
- Diversity and Inclusion 3.0 Commitment—using language against discrimination without shaming
- Diversity and Inclusion 4.0 Action—speaking up against bias and prejudice
Facilitators use a standard format in each session that consists of educational presentations to illuminate the concepts being presented.
- Division or business unit sponsored training: You participate in training that is sponsored by your unit or division. You will be trained alongside individuals from your division or unit. Division leaders or designees may arrange Division sponsored trainings by contacting Jennifer Mosher (email@example.com). We will send your leaders a Diversity and Inclusion Training Request Form to complete and to send back to us. We will then arrange training dates and times with the WUSM Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- WUSM sponsored trainings: These courses are scheduled through WUSM HR and open to all trainees, faculty and staff on the WUSM campus. You will be in courses with trainees, staff, and faculty from the whole WUSM. You will sign-up for the courses through WUSTL Learn@Work.